This video was so good I couldn’t NOT post it. There are so many little phrases, quotes, and concepts from this video that I love. Just about anyone can learn something from this video, softball player or not, athlete or not. My favorites are listed below the video.
I originally had another video up that was clearer, but youtube took it down. Here’s the only other version I could find. The sound is a little fuzzy, but still good!
Press play and check it out…
- It’s hot outside – no one needs to say it again. (in other words, stop your whining and do it! lol)
- You can invest your time or you can spend your time.
- Successful people have consistency in performance.
- You can have no great victories in your life, unless you can overcome adversity, because the adversity is what makes it the challenge.
- The greatest opportunity to learn is when you make a mistake.
- …every minute of every day you are selling something. You are either selling positive, or you’re selling negative.
- …when you come out on the field to practice, you know what I want to see? I want to see somebody’s positive energy that is affecting somebody else to do it better.
- …you have to learn how to work, you only get out of something what you put in it, you reap what you sow, you have to work.
- Do you know what your character is? It is the accumulation of your thoughts, your habits and your priorities, on a day to day basis. That’s what makes the choices that you make. It is the accumulation of your thoughts, your habits and your priorities, and the choices that you make, make you who you are.
- You are going through the pain of discipline, or the pain of disappointment.
- That is what we expect you to learn, and be able to do, in this camp, is to have the discipline to sustain and be a relentless competitor, and have pride in your performance of doing everything that you do at this camp the best that you can do it, because that becomes a habit.
There are probably a few things I missed that I really liked, but this is such a great talk that offers so many great tips for those who really want to make some positive changes. It starts with a MINDSET (not with ability).
Want to up your game by strengthening your mind?